Longtime listeners know that we believe that saying Yes more can help your personal brand and your business, but is there a point where saying No becomes more important? We think there is, and that part of your own Success Cycle is knowing when to say No and how it impacts your Small Business.
We discuss the differences between saying no in your personal life and in your Small Business and how you can easily fool yourself into thinking you’ve being productive, rather than just filling up your schedule. You’ll also hear about ways to say no to the request, not to the person making it, how to use a “conditional yes” to manage situations and we’ll help you stand strong against prioritizing other people’s emergencies.
Join us today for all this and more on this episode of the Small Business Show. Then, visit the Small Business Support Group to share your thoughts, ask questions and join the conversation.
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #169 for Wednesday, May 2, 2018
- 00:01:49 Shannon and Dave are here for the No Show
- 00:02:59 The Personal “No”
- 00:06:43 Managing your system
- 00:09:24 The “Fill my Schedule” trap
- 00:12:00 Procrastinating with Productivity
- 00:14:53 Harvard Business Review: “Say no to the request, not the person”
- 00:18:15 SPONSOR: GoDesignerGo.com/SBS – Save 50% off the start of your subscription with
- 00:22:04 Understanding the “Conditional Yes”
- 00:25:30 Is someone else going to have to do the work?
- 00:26:23 Do you have the confidence to say “no”?
- 00:27:39 Prioritizing Other People’s Emergencies
- 00:29:41 The Empowered “No”
- 00:31:01 Sometimes Exceptions become policy
- 00:35:55 SBS 169 Outtro