Have you used outsourced talent for specific tasks in your Small Business? Ever run into quality problems? We thought so.
Neil Napier ran into so many problems outsourcing that he realized there was a business opportunity to minimize headaches and increase the quality of the talent pool and thus, JobRack was born!
Listen in to episode 119 of the Small Business Show and learn about the importance of having systems and procedures in place BEFORE deciding to outsource projects and how to get help if you don’t have either. We also discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing and what type of tasks lend themselves to using outsourced talent. Neil offers up some great tips to increase the likelihood of success with your outsourcing by developing Key Performance Indicators to insure that all progress is measurable.
We then jump into ways to use larger companies to jumpstart your business, riding on the “coattails” of a larger company to launch your own, how to educate your customers about quality over quantity and Neil takes the time to share with us how outsourcing is just like sex. Don’t skip ahead to this section!
Join us today for these tips and more, then click over to the Small Business Support Group to comment and get your questions asked!
- 00:00:00 Small Business Show #119 May 17, 2017
- 00:01:23 Neil Napier – JobRack
- Forced to become a business owner – lost job and found inspiration
- 00:05:00 Instant International Businessperson
- 00:06:19 Systemizing Outsourcing
- 00:08:36 Marketing Tool: Offering guidance
- 00:09:22 Who benefits from Outsourcing?
- 00:10:11 Managing expectations of your customers
- 00:10:50 KPI: Set Key Performance Indicators for tasks within your business
- 00:12:27 Riding on the coattails of a larger business to launch your own
- Joining business forums to market your business.
- 00:14:49 Quality over Quantity: Going beyond connecting people
- 00:19:28 Difficulty turning brand evangelists into affiliates
- 00:22:00 Best Mistake: subscription model priced too low
- 00:24:38 Beware the ego of the entrepreneur!
- 00:25:30 Outsourcing is like sex!
- 00:26:39 Educating your clients – critical to growing your business
- 00:27:45 Lesson: Be ready to serve each client individually
- Be more aggressive!
- 00:29:29 SBS Outtro